Copyright notice and intellectual property
All informational content (articles, videos, graphics) in the ‘Learn’ and ‘Care’ sections of the website is the original work, copyrighted syllabus and intellectual property of Taskeen. We encourage users and visitors to share and discuss the resources on the website. When sharing Taskeen’s content, users are expected to:
- Follow the Fair Use doctrine, which allows the copying of copyrighted works for educational and research purposes with informed consent from the originator/producer (this requires you to notify Taskeen if you are using or reproducing any of the website content for any commercial or non-commercial purposes)
- Give due credit or reference to Taskeen as the originator/producer of the resources
- Refrain from copyright infringement, plagiarism, republication of website content, selling material or exploiting content from the Taskeen website for commercial purposes
- Refrain from removing the Taskeen logo from any graphics, videos or articles.
Content in the ‘Community’ section (survivor stories, forum discussions) is the intellectual property of the individuals who contribute their experiences to the community discussion on the Taskeen website. While the forum is facilitated by a team of moderators and the survivor stories are edited to protect the safety and privacy of any group or individual mentioned in the videos, Taskeen is not liable or responsible for the information a sufferer, survivor or caregiver may choose to disclose to or share with the online community.
The resources on this website are for general informational and communication purposes only, and are subject to change without notice. These resources include such website features as the map of service providers, which has been compiled by multiple contributors. Taskeen does not endorse and is not sponsored by any mental health service providers. We do not guarantee the accuracy of the information about, or the quality of service of any of the listed service providers.
Account creation and termination
By creating an account, users agree not to:
- Use the Taskeen website in any way that causes damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website (viruses, Trojan horse, rootkit, spyware or any other malicious computer software).
- Use the Taskeen website to conduct any systematic or automated data collection (surveys, data mining) or self-promotion, product placement or advertising.
- Use the Taskeen website in any way or for any purpose that is illegal, fraudulent or harmful to any individual, group or organization.
- Post on the Taskeen forum or elsewhere on the website any content that is offensive, harmful, deceptive, discriminatory, inflammatory, abusive or threatening towards any individual, group or organization.
Website visitors can create accounts on the Taskeen website using their e-mail address, or Facebook/Google/Twitter accounts. These platforms will only have access to the data users choose to make visible on their public profiles. Users have the option to register via e-mail address and post anonymously on the forum. Taskeen is not responsible for the information (profile photo, age, location) that users choose to share on this website or on Facebook, Google or Twitter.
If you would like to delete your account, please message us at http://taskeen.org/contact/. A website administrator will respond to your e-mail within 1- 6 hours.
The Taskeen website is designed to serve as a safe space for everyone to access free, online resources for mental health, and to have respectful discussions about such topics as mental illness, well-being, recovery, therapy/treatment and relationships. An account may be suspended or deleted by a website administrator if a user repeatedly violates any of our objectives, or terms and conditions. In the event of any persisting online activity or behaviour that does not comply with our community guidelines/terms of service, users will be sent one or more formal warnings, after which they may be blocked from forum discussions or have their account terminated by a website administrator. For more details on our community guidelines, please visit the forum rules and regulations section.